Are you one of those people that think "parasite infection can't happen to me!" You might want to think again. Parasites are always playing like it's the final game of the season, and they only play to win. They prey on anyone, anywhere -- even young healthy athletes.
As recently reported in sports blog Deadspin:
“Columbus Blue Jackets prospect and former Miami (Ohio) hockey player Carson Meyer might look really tired in (this photo) from a June 2017 interview, but any visible gauntness might be from the fact that he had a tapeworm in his body for, according to doctors, a full year. (1)
“Meyer’s 2017-18 season with the RedHawks was totally derailed because of the parasite, as The Athletic’s Aaron Portzline reported in lovely detail. The prospect had no appetite, lost weight, and was falling asleep during drills. Test results couldn’t pinpoint it to mononucleosis or something similar. Meyer finally discovered what was draining his energy when he sat on the toilet in February:
Doctors believed Meyer’s specific parasite was diphyllobothrium latum, which comes from eating undercooked fish.
Parasites Prey On Anyone
25-inch worms sound like something you'd see in a horror movie. Make no mistake. It doesn't matter if you eat fish or not. It can happen to you or people you love. There are thousands of types of parasites that can enter your body in a variety of ways -- most often orally -- causing symptoms much less obvious than extreme weight loss.
These symptoms can include:
- digestive issues
- chronic headaches
- extreme fatigue
- skin rashes and allergies
- muscle wasting and muscle weakness
- joint swelling and arthritic type pain
- increased susceptibility to viruses, fungus and bacteria
- breathing issues
The signs you have a parasitic infection can sometimes seem random, and you'll end up attributing your symptoms to something else. Which is a huge mistake because you'll never get rid of the true cause. They will succeed in holding you back from your most optimal health, but they don't have to!
Parasites lurk in every place they are most likely to find a host -- YOU!
They are waiting to ambush you in:
- Contaminated drinking water (even "cleaned" city water can have parasites!)
- Cross-contaminated foods
- Lakes and streams
- Any surface an infected person has touched (especially washrooms)
You’re even more susceptible to parasitic infection if you have a weakened immune system. A chronic infection like Lyme disease can double your trouble since parasites carry Lyme inside them and continuously reinfect you. Even a simple tooth infection can weaken you and make you a more likely target. This is because your body becomes a hospitable host for pathogens. Other infections allow them to thrive inside of you because your body is busy fighting elsewhere. Your immune system is too exhausted to keep the parasites in check.
Though parasites can cause you uncomfortable symptoms, research suggests that they could cause you even more serious problems. One study revealed liver flukes, in particular, can lead to cholangiocarcinoma, or bile duct cancer. (2) This can be a bigger issue in certain parts of the world, but it can happen anywhere.
Other parasites can leave you malnourished and lacking vital nutrients, leading to severe fatigue, pain, and failure to thrive -- such as was the case with Carson Meyer. Your body may be able to hold out for a time, but even the fittest, most athletic, need help in this pathogen fight.
Can I Test for Parasites?
If you’re thinking, ‘I’ll just go to my doctor’s office and ask for a parasite test so I can stop worrying,’ it’s not that simple. Testing you for parasites is incredibly difficult, and there are few (if any) accurate tests that are comprehensive enough to cover every type of infection you may have. Most lab tests are only looking for certain “common” helminths and protozoa. Many tests will only be accurate if your stool sample is viewed immediately. Parasites release enzymes that start to dissolve their bodies once they die. Your parasites will be long gone by the time a lab tech gets to your sample.
Parasite cleansing isn't something the odd person needs. It's something everyone needs! If you have a pulse, you probably have parasites.
You might think you don't have because you don't see them. It’s not likely that you’d ever see most of these bugs in your own stool even though they are probably there. 70% of parasites are completely microscopic, meaning even if you’re killing them off during your cleanse, you won’t see them on the way out.
Many parasites are highly intelligent and able to alter their particular life cycle and reproduction pattern to allow them the best chance at survival inside your body. They can evolve or adapt to hide (so your immune system doesn’t see them as invaders), so we’ve got to outsmart them.
How Do I Outsmart Parasites?
This is where natural parasite cleansing comes in. Your best approach has four elements to it:
- Getting drainage pathways moving
- Using anti-parasitic formulas
- Adding fulvic acid to absorb and remove toxins
- Choosing a diet with anti-parasitic foods
Natural parasite cleansing is easier on your body and help you detox effectively.
If you've made the choice to get your life back from these parasites, you might be wondering:
What types of parasites are there?
Let's look at the most common types of parasites you might be purging in your quest for great health.
8 Common Types of Parasites
Roundworms: Roundworms, also called nematodes, can lay hundreds of thousands of eggs a day. Symptoms include stomach pain, trouble sleeping, respiratory issues, and rashes. Roundworm larvae can go through the intestines to the bloodstream and spread to other organs. They’re about the thickness of earthworms.
Pinworms: Symptoms of pinworms include an itchy anus, mood disorders, and GI tract upset. These parasites crawl out of the anus at night to lay eggs. They’re only about a half an inch long.
Tapeworms: Tapeworms can live inside human intestines for almost a decade, causing weight loss, hunger, and poor absorption of nutrients. They can also cause no symptoms at all. It’s possible for tapeworms to grow 20-30 feet long.
Hookworms: Hookworms have sharp teeth they use to penetrate the skin and consume blood. Hookworms can cause fatigue, anemia, swelling, brain fog, and stomach pain. They generally settle in the intestines but can affect the lungs, too
Ropeworms: Ropeworms are a recent classification of parasites. They’re usually seen during a parasite cleanse or after coffee enemas. They can be 1-2 feet long and bumpy in texture.
Flatworms: Flatworms can be found in the bladder, lungs, liver, kidneys, GI tract. There are many types of flatworms, and they can range from microscopic to 50 feet long.
Flukes: Flukes look like small tongues and have a sucker they use to attach to their hosts. Liver flukes are the most common types of flukes found in the human body, but there are also blood, urinary, intestinal, lung, and other kinds of flukes.
Whipworms: Though commonly found in dogs, whipworms can affect humans as well. Whipworms can be contracted by contaminated dirt or foods that have not been thoroughly washed or cooked. Symptoms include blood in stools, stomach pain, nausea, and weight loss. They’re usually about 1-2 inches and shaped like a small whip--one thicker end and one thinner end.
13 Benefits of Natural Parasite Cleansing (and the +1)
While it is true you may feel some uncomfortable symptoms during the cleansing process, the upside to treatment far outweighs the temporary discomfort. Many do not feel any symptoms at all or simply feel a slightly upset stomach. As long as you keep supporting your liver, gallbladder, and kidneys through the methods mentioned above, like castor oil packs, soon you’ll be on the other side of the unpleasant die-off. Here are some benefits of natural parasite cleansing to look forward to:
- Improved digestion: Many parasites like hiding in your liver, bile duct, and intestines. Once they’re eliminated, you will notice improved digestion. The liver produces bile, which pushes through biliary tubes to reach the bile duct. Your gallbladder stores the bile, releasing it when you eat to help emulsify fats. If any of your digestive organs are full of parasites, they won’t work optimally, upsetting your digestion. This causes you other health issues, like allergies or pain. To work on your liver and gallbladder health during your parasite cleanse, focus on castor oil packs and coffee enemas.
- Heightened mental clarity: Have you ever struggled with brain fog? You can’t remember something for the life of you, even though it feels right on the tip of your tongue? You have to re-read the same sentence over and over but you just can’t process it like you used to be able to? Brain fog has many potential causes, but neurotoxins released by parasites could be one of them. After cleansing, you will notice your mental acuity becomes sharper and your thinking becomes clearer.
- Increased energy: You can imagine that having hundreds and thousands of parasites stealing all your nutrients and minerals can cause some serious fatigue. Often, doctors can’t pinpoint the cause of the fatigue and may diagnose you with fibromyalgia or irritable bowel, but the root cause could be parasites. Certain pathogens, like hookworms and babesia, can cause anemia because they affect your blood. Battling these overgrowths will surely restore your energy and vitality, without extra cups of coffee. Being able to absorb the nutrients you intake rather than having them stolen will help you get back to normal energy levels.
- Disappearing rashes or skin sores: Your skin is an organ of elimination. Toxins, parasites, and even eggs can exit your body through your skin and cause itchy rashes or sores. Plus, some ingredients in a natural parasite cleanse products are broad-spectrum herbs that target not only parasites, but viruses, bacteria, heavy metals, toxins, and Candida. That means your parasite cleanse is actually cleansing more than JUST parasites. It's also tackling pathogens that might be causing you skin rashes, too. Either way, you may find your skin clears up after parasite-cleansing. Essential oils can help temporarily with skin irritation while you are evicting your unwanted guests.
- More stable mood: Health and wellness experts know that parasites mess with more than your digestion. If you've felt increased irritability, anxiety, depression, and other mood disorders parasites can cause that. Rest assured you are not alone. With infections like Lyme, the chemistry of the brain is affected, as well as neurotransmitters, as neurotoxins build up and alter mood severely. It’s fairly common that you might experience a flare of mood-related symptoms while actively cleansing, but then to enjoy a much more stable mood afterward.
- Reduced cravings: Parasites get energy from sugar, so it’s not surprising that they can manipulate you to crave ice cream, crackers, and bread. During a parasite cleanse, it’s important to eliminate sugar and grains so you’re not feeding the pathogens. You will notice cravings start to disappear as you eliminate parasites.
- Healthier joints: Parasites release toxins that cause systemic inflammation, which can cause you joint and muscle pain. Additionally, some experts believe parasites can seek out your old injuries to settle into, making soreness in those areas even worse. While cleansing, an infrared heating pad or sauna can help with pain. Taking an Epsom salts bath can also relieve joint pain.
- Better respiratory health: Certain parasites, like lung flukes, live in the lungs and affect your respiratory health directly. Other parasites release toxins that may affect your respiratory system causing shortness of breath, air hunger, burning lungs, or other symptoms. Try a Himalayan salt inhaler to naturally calm irritated airways temporarily while you cleanse out the critters. Your parasite cleanse might be the "breath of fresh air" you've been waiting for.
- Fewer headaches: Do you ever get unexplained migraines that are so debilitating, you’re nauseous for 24-hours and can’t handle the slightest light or quietest sound? Or just frequent dull headaches that don’t go away no matter how much water you drink? If you have neurological Lyme or parasites that have an affinity for the brain, you may experience severe headaches as a result of the infection. Don’t be discouraged if you experience some headaches during your cleanse, though. As with many of the above benefits, you may experience a slight worsening of current symptoms before you experience an improvement. Peppermint or lavender essential oils might provide you temporary pain relief.
- Stronger immune system: Parasites are intelligent creatures, with the ability to trick the immune system into thinking they belong in the body and shouldn’t be attacked. This ensures their own survival, but over time weakens your immune system. These parasites, now safe from being attacked, happily feast on all the nutrients and vitamins and minerals your body needs for optimal health. Parasites weakening your immune system leaves you open to other infections as well. (3)
- Enhanced absorption of nutrients: When you no longer have pathogens stealing your nutrients, you’ll really start to notice true health. You will have clearer skin, stronger nails, hair that grows longer and thicker, and better sleep. When the parasites are gone, you’re actually getting all the nutrition from your food and supplements.
- Minimized bloating, gas, and cramping: Once you get deep into a parasite cleansing, you should notice less gas, bloating, constipation, diarrhea, and other stomach issues. That doesn’t mean the cleansing process will be free of those symptoms -- it’s likely they could flare up as you’re eliminating pathogens. In fact, Lyme expert Dr. Jay Davidson eliminated two 20-inch worms during his parasite cleanse, and noticed improvements in his digestive system after! Coffee enemas should help provide support for your liver and clear the bugs out faster.
- More optimal overall health: No matter your symptoms, one thing is clear: If you’re dealing with parasites, cleansing them will improve your overall health.
- Continue your promising hockey career uninterrupted: Why wait a year or more for your body to expel parasites, losing energy, muscle mass, and valuable time perfecting your wrist shot in the process? No matter what your life goals are, don't let parasites prevent you from achieving them. Proactively supporting your body in fighting parasites could free you up to instead be fighting for a playoff spot, or any other dreams you want to pursue.
Parasite-Fighting and Immune-Boosting Foods:
Along with the recommended parasite protocol, you can also modify your diet and lifestyle to have the best chance at ridding unwanted pathogens from your body.
Possible Side Effects of Parasite Cleansing:
It is possible to experience die-off from parasite cleansing. Some common die-off signs include:
- aching or soreness
- digestive upset
- heightened emotions
Parasite cleansing is a marathon, not a sprint! Go low and slow to minimize your chance of reacting. Fulvic acid can absorb the toxins the dying parasites are releasing into your system. But it does more than grab toxins and remove them. Fulvic acid leaves behind building blocks for healing and restoring your tissues that have been damaged by the parasites.
Make sure your drainage pathways are moving well! Your lymphatic system and bowels need to be working to completely expel the parasites and the poisons they produce.
Think of a street grate clogged by debris after a storm. If it's covered in broken branches, water has a hard time getting through and the street eventually floods. Your drainage pathways are the same. The dying parasites are like the broken branches clogging up the grate. You need to keep these drainage pathways open so there isn't a "flood" of toxins.
Foods to Avoid:
Sugar: Sugar feeds parasites, so you want to eliminate it during your cleanse. This includes cookies and cakes, but also “healthier” sources of sugar, like maple syrup, dried fruit, or grapes. Sugar is destructive to the body and addictive, so it’s better if you can keep your intake to a minimum, even after a parasite cleanse.
Grains: Grains turn to sugar in the body, so it’s best to avoid grains as much as possible while actively getting rid of parasites. That means no bread, chips, rice, corn, oats, quinoa, etc.
Dairy: Dairy is an inflammatory food for the body, for many reasons. While it’s true that some people cannot digest the sugar (or lactose) in milk, there are other reasons why dairy is always at the top of the inflammatory foods list. Milk is processed, pasteurized, and homogenized. It's rough on your digestive system and can be mucus producing for most people. Leave it off your plate to give your body the best fighting chance to release parasites… and focus on anti-inflammatory foods, instead.
Foods to Consume:
Fresh vegetables and fruits: The fiber in vegetables and fruits will keep your bowels moving so you’re expelling the parasites and toxins as quickly as possible. you may want to even limit fruit at the beginning since they are high in natural sugars. It’s best to eat fruits lower in sugar like berries or green apples when you add them back.
Raw pumpkin seeds: Pumpkin seeds contain an amino acid called cucurbitin, which can paralyze parasites, and could prevent them from attaching to the intestinal wall. (4)
Garlic: The allicin in garlic is potent against bacteria, but also viruses and fungus too. To reap the benefits, eat it juiced or crushed to release the allicin, and start out slowly. (5)
Ginger: Ginger is great for the digestive system, and it can help relieve die-off symptoms during your parasite cleanse. For example, making tea with fresh ginger, lemon, and a little honey can clear mucus. In studies, ginger has been effective in eliminating parasites. (6)
Turmeric: Curcumin, the compound in turmeric, is a very effective anti-inflammatory, anticancer, antioxidant, and antiparasitic food. It has been used in studies to treat severe, drug-resistant parasitic infections. (7) Turmeric is a powerful addition to your parasite cleanse.
Papaya Seeds: These seeds have been shown to have anthelmintic effects on parasites in trials performed on rats. (8) They can also help you with digestion since they contain enzymes. Papaya seeds are a good source of fiber that can help keep your drainage pathways moving.
Freedom From Freeloaders = A New Life!
Parasite cleansing doesn't have to be scary or intimidating. In fact, it will be liberating! It can liberate you from the symptoms holding you back like:
- digestive upset
- joint problems
- chronic pain
- skin problems
- breathing issues
- brain fog and memory problems
Take back what you lost when parasites took over. Get back to your happy, healthy self.
What goals and dreams will you focus on when you are freed from parasites?